Souls Harbour RESCUE Mission has 2 important, immediate term volunteer opportunities:
1. Blue Nose Marathon Business Coordinator
2. Blue Nose Marathon Church Coordinator
The successful candidate will possess an enthusiasm for fitness as well as serving those who struggle with poverty, addiction, abuse, mental illness and other life-controlling situations.
This person will be a confident self-starter willing to approach businesses or churches in the community to encourage them to sign up a team for Souls Harbour RESCUE Mission in the Blue Nose Marathon Charity Challenge.
1. You will be responsible for learning the Artez back office, to assist anyone who needs help inputting their pledges, etc. Most people can handle this on their own, but there are cases where assistance is needed.
2. You will call all the businesses or churches on our mailing list and try to set up brief meetings with someone that might coordinate a team. You would meet them, assess their response level, and follow up with information they need to advertise within their business or church, and sign up.
3. On marathon day, you will, with a group that you have gathered, form a cheering squad at the finish lines, where you will be also.
These positions start immediately, and end on marathon weekend. You will need to have a child abuse registry check, which will be free of charge to you. Travel costs will be paid, either through fuel or a bus pass. The volunteer roles are flexible, and, when not travelling, may be done from your home or from Souls Harbour Halifax office.
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|